Friday 18 September 2015

Today I became a little more Czech!



Today I became the proud holder of a řidičský průkaz - a Czech driving licence! It's funny to think that ten years ago I got my first licence (a provisional one for learning), before I passed my test in 2006 in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland.

When I passed my test I hadn't even stepped foot in the Czech Republic and it's funny to think that because of a European law I had to renew my licence here. When you become a resident of another European country you can no longer renew your licence in your country of origin!

I'm very grateful that I didn't have to re-take the test! It was a lot of random paperwork steps - including getting a copy of my licence sent to the UK for verification. So I am very grateful that it's here and I'm all official for the next ten years.

And it has me wondering where I'll be renewing this licence in 2025!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rach, I sent you an email through the week.. at least I think I did. Did you get it?
    Graeme Fowles

    ReplyDelete