Friday 8 November 2013

Photo Friday



My favourite walk in my home town - down by the river, and only about seven minutes from my flat.


Sunday involved baking these - spiced applesauce with cream cheese frosting - for the ladies' Bible study on Monday night.


It was so fun to have the ladies gather in my living room. Most of us serve with JV and it is such a great time of studying God's Word together. I'm so thankful for this community of women from America and Czech.


Tuesday was a really grey and rainy, dark day. A lot of my co-workers thought it was miserable but it made me smile as I thought it was a perfect Northern Irish day.



These lovely people (the guys are American and Martina is Czech) serve Czech English camps and are dear friends. I had them over for dinner on Wednesday night and it was a lot of fun.


With the lovely Chestnuts on home assignment in the States for two and a half months their dog Brooklyn is being looked after by other people. That included me for a couple of nights so I got to take late night walks in my town square.


For my next Czech lesson I have to write out my testimony so I've been learning some relevant words. I drove a Czech co-worker to work on Thursday and she asked me what my testimony was and how I became a missionary. And I managed to answer both those questions in Czech! Really bad Czech with all the wrong endings but it was still Czech and mostly understood. It was a wonderful confidence boost as I glimpsed some progress in my language learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment