Friday 7 June 2013

Photo Friday: Intern Training and beyond



Saturday - each year our camps have a specific camp song with motions that fit in with the theme for the year.  Rob and Audrey Chestnut got up to show us the motions so we could learn them at intern training.  It was a lot of fun!


Intern training involves a lot of great teaching - on this morning the interns were divided into four groups and they rotated around four different speakers to hear about how to share the Gospel, how to share their testimony and how to engage in prayer this summer.  


Counting 3500 t-shirts into the correct numbers for different countries is a long process....  But it's so exciting to think about all those who will be wearing these shirts over the next few months - people on short term teams, our interns and students!  Not all students will wear t-shirts either, so the number of people who are involved in our camps is higher than 3500.  But please do be praying for all those who will be wearing t-shirts this summer!  




Intern training ended on Wednesday morning so on Tuesday night we prayed over the interns as we sent them out into the nations!  These 100+ people will be spending the next three months or so in various countries throughout Central and Eastern Europe, serving at camps and telling young people how much they are loved by God.


Wednesday saw a quick trip to the office to drop some stuff off.  This is the office I'll be working out of for the next two plus years!  I'm sure I'll get proper photos at some point.


Thursday - because it was cheaper to fly out on Saturday I spent a few extra days after intern training in Český Těšín, the town I'll be living in, with my boss and his family.  They were a great few days of recovering after all the busyness, of getting to know one another better and of getting to explore the town I'll be living in more.  Here are some snapshots.  


Friday saw me packing.  With me hopefully returning to Czech very soon I packed very little - I took the left suitcase back to Ireland I left the pile on the right!  

No comments:

Post a Comment